Having a complete author media page is essential to book promotion. When potential PR representatives visit your site to check out your new book you want to make it real easy for them to access information to write up a story about you. The same thing for bloggers who may be reviewing your book who need more content information. Having your new books information all in one spot will make your life easier. You can direct people directly to this page. When you send out press releases, write a blog post or send out a newsletter about your brand new book you can include information and a link to your new media page.
- Add a downloadable picture of your book cover or covers.
- Include a few photos of yourself and a complete bio.
- Have on hand excerpts for easy access for press and promoters to use.
- Premade articles and press releases.
- New book and product information.
- Testimonials and reviews. If you don’t have any yet, that’s ok. Be sure to add them as soon as they start rolling in.
- Deliver your content in PDF and text format so search engines can spider it.
- Populate your page with lot’s of links. Showcase how awesome your new book is and all the activity surrounding it. If you have an event section or page, keep it updated. If an event has passed but you have a link to where you appeared, this could still go on your page (Include a photo of you at the event.) You could provide a list of all your book signings past and present.
- Add pre-created tweets with shortened links using bit.ly that lead back to your book page. These tweets can be used by media and bloggers promoting your book.
- Add pre-created Facebook posts with a snippet about your book and a link to your book page.
- Put pricing, links to purchase your book and anything else you can think of in one easy to access location. Don’t send your potential PR reps on a wild goose chase.
Don’t wait until your book is complete to begin building your author platform and learning how to market your book! Download my guide: 100 Tips For Marketing Your Book to begin the process now.
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports heart based authors, speakers, coaches and businesses based on integrity. Social Media Help 4 U offers conscious business services, providing intuitive and skill based social media management & consulting. Looking for social media assistance to grow your online presence and provide top notch customer service? Have a marketing budget? Look no further. Multiple packages available. Perfect for for the company who knows the value of a marketing budget and needs help putting their company on the social map! Contact her today! Want to learn more about Carol? Check out some of her references here and her packages here.