A few years ago I had the pleasure of listening to a recorded interview with Reid Tracy, CEO of Hay House. When asked, “How do you pick a book for your publishing company?”
Reid replied, “I do not buy books, I buy platforms.”
What is an author platform?
Your platform is a compilation of your audience and reach.
- Your social media reach.
- Are you active on social media?
- Your email subscriber list.
- Are you out there in the public eye?
- How many speaking engagements have you done or have planned?
- Are you a guest on radio shows or podcasts?
- Are you consistent with your online presence?
- Do you have long-term goals for marketing your book?
- Do you have a website?
- Is it easy for a customer to purchase your book from your website?
- Do you write articles for popular blogs establishing your credibility in your niche/field?
- Do you feature guest articles on your blogs?
- Do you have an about me page?
- Do you have a logo or photo on your blog and social media profiles that help you to become recognizable?
- Once again are you consistent online? Consistent activity keeps you in the forefront of your clients/readers minds.
- Are you actively writing consistent well written blog posts to help you move up in the search engine rankings?
- Are you establishing credibility and trust?
- Is your online presence clean? Publishing companies and literary agents have been known to drop clients due to their tarnished online reputations from poor social media management and over exposed personal issues. Always be thinking ahead with your online activities.
- Do you have bloggers reviewing your book?
- Is your book available digitally?
- Do you live stream? There are many ways to live stream. Blab, Meerkat, Periscope and now Facebook with the Facebook Mentions app.
100 Tips For Marketing Your Book And Growing Your Business.
Simple, to the point, practical ideas!
Click Here To Purchase Today $7
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports authors and businesses based on integrity. Social Media Help 4 U offers conscious business services, providing intuitive and skill based social media management & consulting. Looking for social media assistance to grow your online presence and provide top notch customer service? Have a marketing budget? Look no further. Multiple packages available. Perfect for for the company who knows the value of a marketing budget and needs help putting their company on the social map! Contact her today!