Instagram has had substantial growth since it launched in 2010. In the beginning tweens and teens were really using Instagram, now small businesses have figured out it’s a great place to expand their social media presence and make sales.
Pew Research Center did a study in 2015. They found out that nearly all income demographics use Instagram.
- 26 percent of adult Internet users who make less than $30,000 per year use Instagram, along with
- 27 percent of those who bring in $30,000 to $49,999
- 30 percent of those who earn between $50,000 and $74,999
- 26 percent of those who make over $75,000 per year.
Hootsuite has an excellent article breaking this all down along with even more stats and audience insights.
I think Instagram will continue to grow especially now that you can promote your page, switch a personal account over to a business account and access stats on your Instagram activity and audience.
Instagram is a fun photo sharing site. It’s a fast, fun and beautiful way to share your photos with your fans, friends and family. It’s a great tool to show your authenticity, show behind the scenes, share short videos and amplify your brand.
Here are a few tips for using Instagram:
1. Add the Instagram app to your smartphone for easy sharing. You can edit, follow people and comment from your computer if you don’t like doing all your interactions from the app.
2. When you share a photo from your phone to Instagram share it to FB and Twitter at the same time.
3. Use #hashtags in your description to group it with other photos. Instagram users love hashtags, this is how they find you!
4. Update your profile. Be sure to add your profile photo, website, bio and a few descriptive hashtags related to your business.
5. Add a badge to your website so your visitors know you are on Instagram and can easily follow you if they wish to.
6. To like a photo on Instagram you double click on it causing a heart to pop us showing some Instagram love.
7. Run targeted ads on Instagram through your Facebook ad editor. (They are connected and both owned by Facebook)
Are you on Instagram? Come on over and say hello! https://www.instagram.com/carolclawrence/
For even more social media tips I invite you to sign up for my Social Media Help 4 U Newsletter and receive 25 Tips For Growing Your Business With Twitter!
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports authors and businesses based on integrity. Social Media Help 4 U offers conscious business services, providing intuitive and skill based social media management & consulting. Looking for social media assistance to grow your online presence and provide top notch customer service? Have a marketing budget? Look no further. Multiple packages available. Perfect for for the company who knows the value of a marketing budget and needs help putting their company on the social map! Contact her today! Want to learn more about Carol? Check out some of her references here and her packages here.
Leave a Reply