In continuation with our author/publisher interviews we bring you Caron Goode.
Caron has published several successful books including, Raising Intuitive Children and Kids Who See Ghosts.
If this interview resonates with you please share it with your friends and family.
1. Hello Caron, can you begin by telling us about yourself and the books you’ve written?
I was completing my doctorate, a lifelong goal, in 1983. The achievement was so meritorious in my mind, that the let-down after the expectation was depressing. My future however was determined for me by three out-of-body experiences in one year, which opened psychic talents and thrust me into a future as a medical intuitive, spiritual therapist and healer. The next years were very inspiring and books that I wrote through that period came out in the early 90’s. Then the next set of published books started in 2000 and beyond. And I have always been writing since that year – seminars, e-books, poetry and journals. And I am still creating books for myself and have served as a ghostwriter for 54 projects in 8 years. Can you tell it is a passion?
2. Did you always want to become an author?
I did not grow up thinking that way. I grew up knowing I would be a teacher and help people. Yet i wrote poetry as a junior high student, was encouraged as a creative writer by a high school teacher, won several writing contests in high school, and then shut it down until awakened again in my 30s
3. How did your book Raising Intuitive Children come about?
Tara Paterson, my co-author, had several energy sensitive children, whom I call kids with high intuitive intelligence, far more than intuition. In our talking together, I asked her to share her stories of her children, their talents, how she raised them. Our desires to help alternative and more mainstream parents manifested in this book, subsequent courses and coaching for families. Intuitively, we both knew it was the right time. An agent picked it up and found us a publisher in one week. And the book went on to win the USA National Parenting Book Award. Quite a ride following intuition!
4. Did you self-publish or go the traditional publishing route?
A traditional publisher published Raising Intuitive Children
How many books do you have published?
Tangible books with covers – around 15. E-books – probably ten more.
5. I really like how in your book Kids Who See Ghosts ~ How to guide them through fear, you talk about the electromagnetic spectrum. I found it very interesting that most humans see a very narrow band of the electromagnetic spectrum and rattlesnakes see the whole infrared spectrum. You have packed a lot of great information and stories into your book. I’m really enjoying reading your book. This is a topic I’m very interested in. What started you on the process of writing this particular book?
When Raising Intuitive Children was published, the segment of the population of parents and teens who responded on that book’s blog were asking questions about ghosts, psychic gifts, managing a kids fears, what was real for a child, and what was not real. I spent a year answering every single question and decided a book on the topic would be a better fit than continuing the effort on the blog. A publisher agreed and Kids Who See Ghosts shot up in the amazon rankings in 2010.
6. Why do you think children with ADHD produce excessive thetawaves?
The research supports the fact that kids labelled with those ADHD symptoms can fluctuate in and out the that brain wave state, but not that it is necessarily excessive. Or I would ask excessive by whose definitions?
I have many questions about children seeing ghosts but I’m going to save them for our live online author chat with you on The Intentional Conscious Parenting Show August 2nd. Stacy and I are looking forward to our live event with you.
7. How important do you feel it is for an author to take advantage of social media?
I absolutely do believe that authors must use social media in today’s current market. In fact use of social media was the reason for Kids Who See Ghosts to hold the top ranking in three of amazon’s categories.
8. Have you used social media to build your online presence and promote your books? YES
9. What advice would you give a new author who has just completed their first book as they begin their journey into the publishing world?
- Treat your book like a business with a business plan and budget.
- Go for a traditional publisher if you want the credibility for your expertise and resume. Otherwise, do not be off by the naysayers who put self-publishing down. Self-publishing is a viable, valuable option.
- Get the help from the experts and do not go it alone. It is lonely by oneself and a lot more fun with others.
- Plan a thorough book launch and have a book or marketing coach like you guide them through the steps.
- Do not proclaim your intention to make no money in book sales, that the book is just for artistic satisfaction. Such an intention closes the door on a lot of people who might like to buy it.
Mark your calendars, put a note on your computer and join us as we host a live interactive online free chat with Caron Goode Aug 2nd. 9 PM Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific. Join in and ask Caron all your questions. All our live chats are interactive. You get to join in and ask your questions and share your answers.
~ Fun, Prizes, Connections ~
Connect with Caron on Facebook and Twitter.
Now opening: 2011 Global online parenting coaching training – http://acpi.myicourse.com/
Read the parenting-coaching blog – http://coachingparents.
Take on the Role of a Lifetime as a Professional Parenting Coach –www.academyforcoachingparents.
2010 – International Best Seller – Kids Who See Ghosts, guide them through fear –www.kidswhoseeghosts.com
2009 – Raising Intuitive Children, 2009 Best Parenting Book in US News Awards.www.raisingintuitivechildren.
2008 – The Art & Science of Coaching Parents – www.academyforcoachingparents.
Interview by: Carol Lawrence
Live Chat Sponsors and Prizes
BlessedElements.com Grace is donating a hang crocheted bookmark.
Ed and Stacy Toten will be giving away an autographed copy of their book: M.A.S.S. 101 Man Approaching Simple Solutions
Caron B. Goode ~ Kids Who See Ghosts