Growing your Facebook audience is no easy task if you are a new entrepreneur with a low advertising budget or no budget. But if you have a budget you can actually sky rocket your page fairly fast. Whether you have a big budget or not these tips can help grow your Facebook audience. I’ll bold the tips that will grow your page the fastest. Good luck with your Facebook marketing. Comment and share a link to your page. I’d love to connect with you on Facebook and interact with your page to help you grow your audience
1. Stay active on your Facebook Fan Page (business page). Post at least two to four status updates a day. Keep your page professional but show the personal fun side of yourself. You’ll find people will be more interested in you than what you do.
2. Interact with your readers. Invite them to share their events and articles that would be interesting to your audience on your page.
3. Occasionally post links that your audience would be interested in from other people’s articles, events, pages.
4. Ask questions pertaining to your audience. One of my blogs is about parenting so I might ask.
My nightly bedtime routine with my child is ________?
My child’s favorite book to read is ____?
5. Respond to your readers, if they ask you a question answer them. Show up and let them know you are paying attention and appreciate their engagement on Facebook. Engage, engage, engage.
6. Invite people to join your page through Twitter, your blogs, websites and other social profiles.
7. Share content from your news feed, YouTube video channel or someone else’s channel that pertains to your audience.
8. Show your creative side and announce special days: Brag about your blog day, Toot your own horn Tuesday, Wordless Wednesday (show off a picture), Fabulous Fan Page Friday. Encourage readers/fans to share links to their blogs and check out some new blogs and Facebook Fan Pages to follow.
9. Create a Facebook Loop giveaway!
10. Host a giveaway with branded merchandise.
11. Broadcast a newsletter that includes your Facebook fan page link. Aweber and Mailchimp make this real easy.
12. Include Facebook in all your marketing, email signatures. http://wisestamp.com
13. Create an ad using Facebook ads. Run consistent page like ads. Run other Facebook ads to drive traffic to landing pages, stores, specific products and more.
14. Use applications for polls, contests and more.
15. Create and share an event from your page.
16. Share your Facebook Fan page with your email contacts.
17. If you are an author, create an author profile on Amazon.com and add your Facebook Fan page to your profile.
18. Upload your videos directly to your Facebook page for more exposure. Facebook and Youtube are in competition with each other. Get more play with an uploaded video and then promote it for added exposure.
19. Live stream with the Facebook mentions app a few times per week. Live streams and videos receive the most engagement.
20. Ask your community to join you on Facebook. Remind them that if they like, comment and engage with your posts they’ll see them more often. Facebook only shows you what you engage with the most. If you haven’t seen a favorite page of yours pop up in your newsfeed go engage with it. The business owner will thank you!
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports authors and businesses based on integrity. Social Media Help 4 U offers conscious business services, providing intuitive and skill based social media management & consulting. Looking for social media assistance to grow your online presence and provide top notch customer service? Have a marketing budget? Look no further. Multiple packages available. Perfect for for the company who knows the value of a marketing budget and needs help putting their company on the social map! Contact her today!
Great ideas. Some of these I use and others are gems I look forward to integrating!
I know people who use Google Friend connect for email. I use Mail Chimp for email newsletters. It works well too.
And blogfrog is very dynamic. Lots going on there!
It’s a pleasure to meet you. You’ve given us some great tips here. I’m going to be adding some of the ones you suggest that I don’t already do. Thank you~
Hi Leigh and Angela. I admire how you both use intuition with your writing and on your blogs. Thank you for stopping bye.
Great tips! I’d add a few more.
1. Use a custom fan page banner design. See http://Facebookbanner.org for some ideas.
2. Use a welcome tab on your fan page too.
Great idea Cory, i’ll have to work on the next twenty-tips.