When’s the last time you updated your social media profiles? Do you have the same old bio from 2010? Same old picture?
When is the last time you tweeted? Posted an update on Facebook? Sometimes freshening up your social media profiles can give you a big boost and get you back on track. If you own a business of any kind social media is your friend. It’s very important to take your social presence seriously. Your social media pages make a big statement about your business. Keeping your pages active and up to date shows you are current, available and open for business. Sometimes social media is the first place your customers discover you. Active posting on social media is also great for SEO. Your posts show up in the search engines.
Here are eight tips to spruce up your social media profiles.
- Update your timeline covers on Facebook, Youtube and Twitter. Canva is a great source for creating your own graphics.
- Update your bio picture. Make it fresh and new. I really think it’s misleading when a bio picture misrepresents the actual person.
- Reevaluate all the social media pages you are on. If you gave up on Twitter (I hope you haven’t) two years ago consider deleting your account. A blank page sitting there with the last tweet taking place in 2012 looks like you went belly up and are out of business. If you don’t want to close your account, create a tweet that says where you spend the most time and how they can get in touch with you. Pin that to the top of your page.
- Dissect your bio. Is it still relevant? Could you include a better description, keywords or hashtags? Hashtags work well on Twitter and Instagram. Is your website link correct? Try it out and make sure it’s not broken.
- Double check your contact information. Is is correct? Can someone easily follow up with you?
- Are you in groups you are no longer active in on LinkedIn and Facebook? Leave the groups and join active groups related to your niche.
- Freshen up your feed with fresh content. Start out with whatever you can handle. Even a few times per week is a start. If you are on Facebook add in live streaming to really boost your Facebook audience.
- If you are on Twitter clean up your followers. Unfollow old inactive accounts and follow people who use it regularly. Talk to your followers. Social media is long past content creation. Show your customers they are not a number. Speak to them! Acknowledge them.
Overwhelmed with trying to keep up with your social media? Is your customer service seriously lacking on your social media pages? Hire some help!
Here’s a look at our most popular package.
If you don’t have a blog and you just need someone to supplement your online presence check out our Starter & Intermediate Packages.
Carol Lawrence is the owner of Social Media Help 4 U, a virtual based business that supports authors and businesses based on integrity. Social Media Help 4 U offers conscious business services, providing intuitive and skill based social media management & consulting. Looking for social media assistance to grow your online presence and provide top notch customer service? Have a marketing budget? Look no further. Multiple packages available. Perfect for for the company who knows the value of a marketing budget and needs help putting their company on the social map! Contact her today!
Bringing Carol on to help run our social media platforms was one of the best decisions we made for Carbon Flyer. She is great at managing our Twitter and Facebook presence.
She helped us increase our following and generate more drone-related content to keep our fans engaged. Carol is a pro at keeping us on top of our interactions with followers and media outlets. She knows how to answer people’s questions, and always checks back with us for feedback to make sure our brand is well-represented. She has even suggested improvements, campaigns, and strategies we have put into place to help build up our following and increase our SEO.
You’re going to love working with her.
– Bret Gould
Co-Owner, Carbon Flyer
See more recommendations here!